Meridian International High School is currently looking for IGCSE Coordinator to launch and administer the programme since September 2020.
Primary responsibility: Day to day oversight and direction of IGCSE curriculum in coordination with the school Administration, Teachers and Management Board.
Employment type: Full-time
Place: Warsaw, Poland
Major duties IGCSE Coordinator is responsible for include:
- Teach grades 9-12;
- Participate in regular pedagogy meetings and in professional development sessions;
- Participate actively in the life of the School, through attendance at events and leadership of extracurricular activities;
- Perform other duties within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the job, as requested by the High School Principal;
- Conducting an annual evaluation of the IGCSE Programme;
- Co-ordinating exams and other formal assessment requirements,
- Arranging couriering of materials to Cambridge;
- Analyzing and reporting on student results;
- Supporting school administration in framing and implementing a suitable timetable and in the allocation of teaching to the programme;
- Marketing the IGCSE programme;
- Monitoring student academic progress over the duration of the IGCSE programme;
- Communication with Heads of Departments, Teachers and Administration;
- Communicating programme needs in a clear and timely manner;
- Establishing internal deadlines for submission of items by teachers and students;
- Keeping parents informed of student progress;
- Ensuring appropriate transition of new students to the programme;
- Conducting information sessions about programme requirements and timelines in collaboration with Administration at the school;
- Ensuring quality teaching and learning in the IGCSE programme;
- Supporting the teaching staff to deliver the programmes and operation of the IGCSE curriculum;
- Organizing and approving all professional development for IGCSE teachers in collaboration with the Administration and Management Board of the school;
- Induct new staff into the IGCSEcurriculum;
- Organizing collaborative planning meetings within the IGCSE faculty.
- Knowledge and understanding of international and/or independent school communities;
- High level of technology skills;
- Willingness to contribute to school life outside of the classroom.
- Teaching qualifications (MA degree in English, Mathematics, Science or Humanities);
- Pedagogical credentials;
- Experience of coordinating IGCSE, department head experience, or a similar leadership role;
- Teaching experience in an international environment.