CANDIDATES PLANNING TO OBTAIN THE INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE DIPLOMA ARE OBLIGED TO:
1.COMPLETE SIX COURSES:
- IB diploma students select one subject from each of the six subject groups;
- three of the IB subjects must be taken at the standard level (SL), and three are taken at the higher level (HL).
- a subject in group 6 can be substituted with a second subject from groups 2, 3 or 4.
2.COMPLETE THE CORE REQUIREMENTS:
- Extended Essay, an academic research paper of maximum 4,000 words and completed in one selected subject; (EE Brief)
- Theory of Knowledge, a course designed to develop critical thinking; (TOK Brief)
- CAS, a requirement built around student action to encourage creativity, action and charity engagement. (CAS Brief)
MERIDIAN IB DP OFFER
The list below specifies the courses offered at Meridian International High School in the respective subject groups. Each course is taught for two years. However, in order for us to offer a given course, the required number of students must be minimum 5 candidates.
Click on each course name to see the IB Subject Brief.
GROUP 1: LITERATURE
The course is based on literary studies in a student’s mother tongue, or their best language (one in which they have the most extensive academic experience)
- Language A HL (Polish A HL, English A HL)
- Language A SL (Polish A SL, English A SL)
GROUP 2: LANGUAGE ACQUISITION
The course is based on learning a foreign language
- English, French, Spanish B HL – a course for students who have been learning the language for minimum 5 years
- English, French, Spanish B SL – a course for students who have been learning the language for 3-4 years
- French, Spanish Ab initio – a course for beginners
GROUP 3: INDIVIDUALS AND SOCIETIES
GROUP 4: SCIENCES
GROUP 5: MATHEMATICS
GROUP 6: ARTS